Ironman 4x4 120W Portable Solar Panel KitISOLAR120
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Ironman 4x4 120W Portable Solar Panel Kit is Portable, compact and efficient, Ironman 4×4’s Solar Panels produce optimal output and power supply, while remaining protected from the significant heat damage.
Withstanding the harsh Australian conditions, the premium 7 layer cell construction provides optimal resistance to heat damage, durability and increased power supply through all conditions. With 15-20% higher efficiency than polycrystalline cells, the monocrystalline cells produce more power with less space whilst the ETFE layer protects the panels from damage caused by high temperatures, corrosion and stains.
Constructed with shingle technology, the cells are cut into 5 equal parts and connected by sub-strings allowing the cell to bypass shaded areas and maximise power output. Compared to conventional panels, the effect of bad cells is significantly reduced, eliminating the risk of hot spots and permanent damage.
Included in each kit, the lithium compatible regulator charges a range of battery types, using a backlit LCD display to show power input and battery charge levels. Finishing the kit, the Anderson plugs and battery clamps make hooking up batteries easy and the heavy duty carry bag protects the solar panels in transit. Ironman 4×4 Solar Panels are the ultimate eco-power source on your next camping trip.
Premium 7 Layer Cell Construction
When the solar panel is in use, they are exposed to large quantities of ultraviolet light and generate a significant amount of heat. The premium 7 layer construction is designed to provide the optimal resistance to heat damage, improved durability and increased power supply through all conditions, whilst remaining portable and flexible. With a fiberglass base, the solar panel is made up of layers of ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) which forms a sealing and insulating film around the solar cells. Monocrystalline solar cells provide the highest efficiency rates, 15-20% higher than polycrystalline cells, producing more power per square metre, with less space. Finishing with a fluorite based plastic (ETFE), the solar panel is protected from high temperatures, corrosion and stains.
Ironman 4×4’s Solar Panels are designed with shingle panel technology. This reduces the risk and effect of hot spots, optimises performance in partially shaded environments and provides the most efficient power solution. Cut into 5 equal parts and connected by sub-strings, the shingled solar panel structure ensures there is no distance between cells and increases the rigidity of the cell, making it stronger and reduces the likelihood of micro-cracking that can reduce the life expectancy. The structure provides a significant advantage when the panels are partially shaded or a cell has stopped working. By connecting each cell’s sub-string in parallel the energy is able to flow through the internal bypass connection, avoiding the shaded cell and maximising power output.
In comparison, if a cell is shaded or broken in conventional whole-cell panels, the bad cell reduces the current through the good cells, consuming the energy generated and rising the voltage in good cells. Ultimately this can create a hot spot, resulting in a permanent efficiency reduction.
By providing greater contact and lower resistance between cells, the Ironman 4×4 shingle technology avoids the negative effect caused by shaded cells and greatly reduces internal power loss providing a higher output and charging batteries faster.Kit Inclusions
Each Portable Solar Panel Kit includes:
- 120W or 200W panel kit with built in stand
- 5m cable with 50A Anderson plug and protective caps
- 1.5m cable with 50A Anderson plugs, protective caps, 20A in-line fuse and battery clamps
- Lithium compatible
- Heavy duty carry bag with storage pockets for cables and regulator
- Velcro straps to secure cables
- Metal pegs to secure the solar panels in use
- Operation instructions
Lithium Compatible Regulator
The Ironman 4×4 regulator is designed to charge a range of battery types, with a backlit LCD display providing power input and battery charge levels. The regulator will optimally charge the following type of batteries:
- LITHIUM ION
Dimensions- Dimensions (Open): 1430 x 475 x 4mm
- Dimensions (Closed/Folded): 475 x 360 x 20mm
- Product Weight (Including all accessories): 7.5kg
Solar Cell- Type: A Grade Monocrystalline Cell
- Material: Silicon with EFTE Coating
Kit- Cell Coating: EFTE
- Construction: Cells assembled in shingle format
- Rated Maximum Power: 120W
- Voltage @ PMAX (VPM): 18.0V
- Voltage @ PMAX (VPM): 6.66A
- Open-Circuit Voltage (VOC): 22V
- Short-Circuit Voltage (ISC): 7.01A
Regulator- Type: PMW
- Performance Specifications: 12V/15A – Max Input: 22V @ 10A
- Connections: Inbuilt 50A Anderson & Direct Wire Compatible
- Battery Types: LEADCRYSTAL, WET, GEL, AGM, CALCIUM, LTO, LIFEPO4, LITHIUM ION
- Waterproof/resistant (IP Rated): IP65
Connections & Cables- Panels: 2.5mmØ x 2 Core with 50A Anderson Plug & Covers
- Panel to Regulator: 2.5mmØ x 2 Core / 5m with 50A Anderson Plug & Covers
- Regulator to Battery: 2.5mmØ x 2 Core / 1.5m with 50A Anderson Plug & 20 Amp Inline Fuse & Battery Clamps
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.